Why the egg? Well, egg whites add a slight fizz and layer of froth, adding texture to the cocktail that's hard to mimic with other ingredients. When shaken with lemon juice, blood orange juice, and Union Ten Canadian AppleJack, this recipe comes together to create the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with a smooth frothy finish.
- 2oz Canadian AppleJack
- 1oz freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- ½oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¾oz simple syrup
- ½oz egg white
- Blood orange slice (fresh or dehydrated)
- Add the Canadian AppleJack, blood orange juice, lemon juice, and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds.
- Strain ice from the shaker and add the egg white to the liquid mixture. Shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds and strain into a coupe or rock glass.
- Garnish with the orange slice.
- Serve and enjoy!
To prevent frothiness, do not include an egg or egg substitute in the recipe.